What are the indication of total knee replacement ?
- rheumatoid arthritis
- avascular necrosis
What are the symptoms of knee damage that may require knee replacement surgery ?
- knee pain that hinders walking, climbing stairs or getting in and out of a chair
- knee pain interferes with sleep or does not subside with rest
- inability to cope with side effects of pain relief medication
- knee swelling that does not respond to treatment and that limits bending or straightening
- significant bowing in or out of the knee